Lets get right to it. The winner (chosen by random.org) of the $50 REI gift certificate is LAUREN!! Congratulations!
Her best camping tip:
I have to agree with those who mentioned “the bin” system. I live by it. It makes camping life so much easier. But, a tip of my own… frisbees make great plates and obviously provide other fun functionality as well, and always have duct tape on you… whether car camping or backpacking. It’s easy to have a bit of it wrapped around your water bottle or stashed and it almost always comes in handy. I mean, what can’t you fix with duct tape? :)
Now for a roundup of YOUR BEST CAMPING TIPS:
Note: Some comments were combined and most have been shortened, for details on these ideas read through the comments on this post.
1. Create “The Bin”, The Bin (a rain proof tote) has everything you need for your camping trip with mini-bins inside separating your camp area essentials (make two: one for backpacking, car camping, etc.).
2. Go often. The more often you go, the easier it is to actually get out the door because you have to establish some sort of a routine to actually get out the door!
3. Glowsticks and headlamps for kids. Makes them easier to spot in the dark, plus makes the dark that much more fun.
4. Simplifying your meals and prepare as much as you can ahead of time.
5. When camping with kids, go with another family. Everything seems a little more manageable when there are more hands on deck.