This is the week of my semi-annual Mom’s vacation (er… outsidemom.com retreat–we’re working hard here?). On Tuesday I traveled through Nevada, Idaho, Utah and Colorado before settling here at Olivia’s adobe house in New Mexico (ole!).
So far highlights have included:
- Hitting a deer while drivingÂ Olivia’sÂ truck (note I would never do this in my own vehicle).
- Seeing the Rio Grande for the first time in recent memory, to which my intitalÂ responseÂ was “that’s it?” (guess I’d expected it to be a little more Grande).
- Discovering that you have to actually get out and hike along the Rio Grande toÂ appreciateÂ it.
- Cooking really great Indian food and notÂ listeningÂ to one single complaint (not that I don’t miss my children dearly).
- Sneaking up on about 9Â big horn sheep, and feeling like a National Geographic photographer (my brother, Mr. Elusive is going to be so proud). The females and young ones were out sunning while the ram hid in the shadows of a rock. I took about 50 pictures. Behold my favorite, can you see the third sheep?
So many outdoor (and otherwise) adventures left to have this week. Ode to the Mom vacation. And Ode to Joe and his Mister Mom abilities.