I just ordered another Apollo Lantern from Black Diamond.Â I’ll soon be the proud owner of 2 of these. Here’s what I love about this thing:
- We’ve had our first one for 2-3 years, it’s still working as good at the day we bought it, and we’ve put itÂ throughÂ a lot.
- It’s small, but get’s pretty bright. We stopped packing ourÂ coleman lantern the day we bought the Apollo. It’s so much easier to pack, use and maintain.
- It’sÂ versatile. Hang it in the tent /van as a nightlight (dim setting), clean up dinner by the light of the lantern, read, use it as a spaceship (Ari’s favorite), or if your Joe, use it to attract the nocturnal insects your studying. This is why we need more than one.
- The battery life is amazing.
- It’s also small and light weight enough for backpacking.
I don’t know… just thought I’d throw this out there incase you needed a little help spending your REI dividend or have a little extra tax return laying around…
A good ‘technical’ description and a few more reviews can be found here.